Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bump Date!

I have been an active member of The Bump's TTCAL board for the past two months.  The women there have been a complete lifesaver for me.  I absolutely hate that anyone has to go through a miscarriage, but I am so thankful for the comfort and support these women have provided. 

About a week ago one of the women contacted me through private message.  She is from Houston, but was going to be visiting my city this week.  She asked if I would like to meet up for coffee sometime.  I had been having a rough time, so for someone to reach out to me out of the blue was an amazing thing.  I replied yes, and we set up a coffee date for today at 4:15pm.  Over two hours later we were still talking!  I had such a wonderful time.  She brought me a gift, which was very sweet.  It's the Willow Tree Angel of Hope.  So perfect! 

I can't believe how happy and hopeful I feel after my conversation with her.  It was a wonderful thing to have another woman to talk to face to face about our losses, and to have someone just understand.  I am so thankful that I was given the opportunity to meet her!  I hate that I am on this path, but at the same time I'm thankful for the people I am meeting along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment