Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Get To Know You Post...With Pictures!

I love how a lot of other blogs I read include pictures throughout the entries, it makes it so much more personal.  So my blogging goal for the month is to include more pictures!  To kick it off I decided it would be neat to tell everyone a little bit more about my family.


Andy and I at a park not too far from our house.

I call this our "Family Portrait".  I had been sick with food poisoning, then the flu, then bronchitis at the end of 2009/early 2010.  I was finally feeling better, but I had turned the couch into my sick bed.  I was watching a movie when I realized that all five of our furbabies were snuggling on the couch with me!  Andy grabbed the camera, and slid in for the portrait.

Our three cats.  Cody is the one on the left.  She's about 11 years old, and not the brightest crayon in the box.  She was dropped on her head as a kitten, and as a result she has a few quirks.  Asthma Boy is the middle cat.  He's the only mama's boy out of the three.  I like to call him my first born, since he was my first furbaby.  When I got him he was a pitiful kitten, just getting over an upper respiratory infection and ring worm all over his body.  He continues to have asthma attacks, and snot issues to this day.  He's pretty gross, and a bit of a jerk, but I love him.

He's also a tad on the fat side.

Lion is the third cat.  He was born into a feral cat colony at my first apartment in 2003.  He would crawl under the patio fence to sit on my lawn chair all day long.  He brought me dead mice and lizards, and would play with Asthma Boy through the window.  I began trapping, spaying/neutering, and releasing cats in the colony.  When I caught Lion I couldn't resist keeping him.  It took me six months for him to let me pet him!  The first time Andy came over to my house Lion was in his lap within 30 minutes.  It was love at first sight, and as you can see from the picture it continues to this day.

Zoe and Pixel are our two dogs.  Zoe is my best friend, I call her my "puppy soul mate".  I try not to play favorites with my kiddos, but it's undeniable that Zoe is at the top.  She is just so darn cute, cuddly, and lovable.  She is able to smell my tears from a mile away and will come running the second I start to sniffle.  She is a fantastic nurse and won't leave my side if I'm not feeling well.

She is a total sucker for belly rubs.  She taught herself to stand up on her hind legs and balance perfectly for them.  When she wants a belly rub she will hop up onto your lap and strike this pose.  We joke that her tongue is too long for her mouth, because it's always sticking out!

Pixel is a daddy's girl.  She's our resident guard dog, she's constantly looking out the windows and letting us know of any threats.  She has the most hilarious whine/bark/singing noise that she makes!  I keep telling Andy that we need to videotape it and put it on youtube.  Maybe she'll be the next viral star!

Our furbabies get along really well.

Yes, I did say that we have three cats and two dogs...but we currently have a third dog staying with us!  When my grandpa passed away almost six weeks ago I inherited his best friend, Cassie.  She is a gorgeous 8 year old dachshund.  I absolutely love and adore her, but it's become clear that we need to find a better home for her.  She's used to being the center of some one's world, and as you can tell we already have our best friends.  She's not unhappy with us, but I feel that she deserves so much better.  She was such a wonderful companion to my grandpa, she deserves that same type of love again.  So we're in the process of trying to find her a wonderful home.  But in the meantime we have a very full house!

So that's a summary of my immediate family.  Hopefully I'll include more pictures in the future.  Maybe now I can convince Andy to let me buy that pocket sized camera I'm been eying...

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I am a new follower and wanted to comment really quick on how adorable ur pets are!! hehe. also I can't wait to read your other posts and follow you in your journey! =)

    ReplyDelete