Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

My husband is a father.

He is a father to five wonderful furbabies (and one foster furbaby).

He is a father to our baby in heaven.

Andy is an amazing man, with so much love in his heart.  I am so incredibly blessed to be his wife.  I hope and pray that next year I can make him a father to a living child.  I know that he will be the greatest father ever.

 My dad is both a father to me and a grandfather to an angel baby.

He raised me to be hardworking, thoughtful, and considerate.  He raised me not to be afraid to love with all my heart.  I hope that next year I can make him a grandfather to a living child.


My grandfather is in heaven today, it's our first father's day without him.  I miss him with all my heart.

But I know that he is holding our baby in his lap and telling them all about us.  Together they are watching us from heaven.





I am eternally grateful that I have been blessed with so many wonderful fathers in my life.  Happy father's day to all of you!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your Andy, your father and your grandfather. It brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi melissa!! thank you so much for your sweet comment on saturday! i remember you from "tb" site :) i didn't know you had a blog but am so glad i checked! i look forward to following in your journey! such a beautiful way to recognize all the fathers in your life.
    i LOVE all of your pets...omygoodness, i'm such an animal lover...we have 3 cats and i really don't know what we'd do without them. wishing you so much luck as you continue on this journey! you are blessed!
    sending love and positive thoughts and prayers
    <3 maria

    ReplyDelete