Thursday, June 23, 2011

Symptoms

I was sitting in my office at work today when I just happened to poke my left breast.  It's sore!  Woohoo!  That's definitely a sign that this is the cycle. Then I yawn. I'm tired too! And my head hurts, I'm thirsty, and I really need to pee. More symptoms! Hmm, do I have excess saliva too?  I hold it in my mouth for a minute and swish it around.  Definitely have excess saliva too!  I must be pregnant!
On TTCAL there is an acronym for the fantasy symptoms women commonly get during the two week wait.  It is MF, which stands for mind fetus.  My mind has made up one heck of a fetus this month!

I am only slightly ashamed to admit that I have been feeling myself up nonstop for a couple days now. In my office, in the car when stopped at a red light, in the shower...No area is safe from me manhandling my boobs! I'm pretty sure a coworker saw me squeeze my boob in the hallway this afternoon...All that poking and squeezing could definitely be the culprit for the soreness.

As for my fatigue and headache, I would be surprised if it wasn't due to the fact that I haven't slept through an entire night in at least a month. Something (usually chubba bubba Asthma Boy) never fails to wake me up at 3 or 4am, and since I'm charting that means I have to take my temperature. I know I won't get a solid three hours of sleep before 6am. So I fumble for my thermometer and stick it in my mouth. When it beeps I use the brightness of my phone's screen to look at the temperature, then enter it into my app. After that I have to sync it to Fertility Friend and look at my chart. 10 minutes later I'm trying to fall back asleep, with the bright light of my phone still burned into my retina. Let me tell you, falling asleep in a queen sized bed with a husband and five furbabies is TOUGH stuff! Andy on one side with Cody wedged between us, Asthma Boy on my pillow purring away, Pixel on my other side spooning with Lion, and Zoe at my feet. I start to feel a little hot and claustrophobic, so I have to kick the covers off. Then I get cold and have to put them back on. Falling back asleep is a real process, so when I have to wake up at 6am for work I'm never well rested.
I live in Texas, so even after yesterdays rain, it's still HOT here. So of course I'm more thirsty than I was a few months ago when it was cooler. Pop quiz! What happens when you drink more? Umm uhhh err...you pee more! Then my excess saliva symptom is just dumb. Of course when you hold it in your mouth for a few seconds it will seem like you have extra!

Okay, so maybe all those other symptoms are made up.  Fine.  But my stomach has been upset off an on for four days.  That definitely means I'm pregnant.  No way it could be related to all the mexican food (including Taco Bell!) I've eaten within those four days, right?
 The two week wait sucks.

5 comments:

  1. hahahaha this made me laugh, Melissa...
    and I totally "yo quiero taco bell"...all day.every.day.
    it is so hard not to read into every little thing you're feeling. i am a fellow boob poker and lifter upper. as soon as 1 wk after ovulation gets here, i start lifting them up and down, squeezing, telling steve to check em out. it does sound like you have a lot of definite signs!! :) how many dpo are you if you don't mind me asking?
    i'm not sleeping well either...not that i ever really have...and i admit, i love the night.
    it's too bad we live so far away, we could totally go cruisin' the drive thru for some "BELL" LOL
    hoping these signs of yours are bc there is a lil' babe implanting nice and comfy inside ya!
    <3
    maria :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps-just saw your ticker @ the bottom with your dpo ;)
    almost there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, Thank you for the note on my blog. I really appreciate it. Mind Fetus eh? I have never heard that term before but I can so relate. After my daughter was born I got a Mirena IUD. When I had it taken out so we could try for another one that first cycle I was 100% convinced I was pregnant. Nausea, the works. And I wasn't. And wasn't for a long time. I seriously thought I was crazy with a capital C. I hope your symptoms aren't really a MF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me giggle. So true and I remember the day I bruised my own breast feeling for soreness. Ahhhhh, TTC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the term MF! I am so going to use that! I have carried a mind fetus nearly every month I've been trying. At risk of being a little TMI, I found myself before my shower tonight holding a boob in each hand to see if they felt heavier. It was at that exact moment that I realized that I have never once held my boobs when I wasn't in the TWW so I have nothing to compare it too. LOL Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete