Thursday, June 16, 2011

2011 Part 2 Goals Check-In

 A little over two weeks ago I posted my goals for my "new year".  So far the new year is going pretty well!  So I wanted to check-in on my progress with my goals.  If I check in every once in awhile it will hopefully keep me accountable!

1. Get and stay pregnant for 9 months, get our take home baby!
  • So far so good?  I'm in the two week wait now, so only time will tell!  I feel like we really did everything possible to conceive on our own this cycle.  But it's all in God's time.
2. Continue my journey of faith. I will be baptized this month. I would like to read the bible and learn more about God. I aim to remember that God has perfect timing.
  • I'm going to be baptized on the 26th! I'm really excited for that.  I am so incredibly happy that I have found God.  I can't believe I spent 28 years of my life not having a relationship with Him.  I have not read any of the bible on my own yet, but I have read lots of inspirational verses that friends on TTCAL have posted.  The bible is rather daunting, and I'm a little intimidated.
3. Cook more food at home, eat out less.
  • Doing fairly well!  I'm using E-mealz for recipes and have so far made three home cooked meals in four days.
4. Be a better wife to my husband. Not complain to him as much about things he cannot fix.
  • I honestly think this is probably my most difficult goal.  I'll have to ask Andy, but I'm not sure I'm doing a good job so far.  I'm going to have to make this more of a focus!
5. Prioritize myself and my health. Join a gym with a swimming pool and go at least three times per week.
  • I decided not to join a gym, since there is a perfectly good neighborhood pool not too far away.  It has a lap lane.  Unfortunately I've only been one time so far.  But next week I'm going to try really hard to reach this goal!  #1 and 6 got in the way of this one.
6. Be more open to opportunities. I'm shy IRL and have social anxiety. I need to accept more invitations and not let my fears prevent me from experiencing life.
  • I think I'm doing really well so far!  I went to a coworkers wedding shower, and wedding despite my anxiety.  I also hung out with a different coworker last night.
    7. Blog about our journey. I have found strength through reading about the journeys of others. If my story can help even one person then it is worth telling.
    • I have so many things I want to blog about!  But I'm struggling with a few different things.  Do I want this to be super positive, or am I going to be brutally honest about my feelings?  Do I want to go into great detail about the process, or edit it so I don't mind family reading it?
    8. Work in my garden more.
    • Last Friday I worked a lot in my garden.  I weeded half of a flower bed, and planted yellow roses.  I pulled up dead flowers, and trimmed back over-growth.  I'm pretty proud of our yard so far!  I'm also happy to announce that my crepe myrtle bush has it's first bloom today.
    9. Thank God for my many blessings every day. Stop taking them for granted.
    • I'm really trying to remember and focus on this every day.  Despite all the bad things that have happened in the past six months, I am incredibly blessed. 
      10. Take our dogs for more walks. Zoe is getting pudgy and so am I! It would be good for both of us!
      •  This is another one that I need to focus on more.  We currently have my grandpa's dachshund, although we're trying to find a good home for her.  Two people walking three dogs is a little difficult, especially when you add in high temperatures over 100 degrees already.

      All in all I think 2011 part 2 is going to be good.  I'm excited on the progress I have already made, and look forward to working on them even more!

      1 comment:

      1. Congratulations on meeting so many of your goals! FX for you that this is your cycle!

        ReplyDelete