Saturday, July 30, 2011

Waiting Is Never Fun

I did CD3 bloodwork on Wednesday and Andy did his SA on Thursday.  Now we're just waiting for the results!  I really hate waiting.  I can deal with whatever the results are, good or bad, but the unknown drives me absolutely batty.  I'm hoping we'll hear back on Monday.

Andy and I took our Dad's to see Cowboys and Aliens today.  It was nothing spectacular, but fun.  At the very beginning of the film it shows a very dry environment.  My dad turned to me and said, "That looks like my backyard right now!" as he did his dorky dad laugh.  At the same time I hear my father in law turn to Andy and say, "That looks like my town right now!" with his dorky dad laugh.  It totally cracked me up that both our dad's told the same cheesy dad joke!  I really can't wait until Andy gets to start telling them to our kids.  I know he's already practicing!

I'm CD6 today, so rapidly approaching the "try" time in a little less than a week.  A few weeks ago a girl posted on TTCAL that she was giving away several boxes of my favorite digital OPKs to whoever was willing to pay shipping.  Look at my haul!
80 digital OPKs for just $15 shipping!

So I think my wondfo's might be relegated to the back of the bathroom closet for a few months!  I really feel a peaceful pessimism this month.  I have some hope because I know God's timing is perfect and anything is truly possible.  But I'm not nearly as hopeful as I have been.  It's actually a peaceful feeling for me, I no longer feel the pressure to be pregnant by our 9/10/11 EDD.  I thought I would be devastated since it was a silly deadline I gave myself during our loss, but I'm finding that it's okay.  I just really hope we get our results soon!

3 comments:

  1. Waiting would kill me too! I hope you get good info from your tests. And I am glad you are at a good place! I gave myself the due date deadline too. And now that it's getting close I am (at least for the moment) feeling ok about the possibility of not being pregnant by then. Good luck! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is an amazing stash you got there! :)
    80 sticks to pee on...you are so lucky!! hahaha
    i'm glad it sounds like you are in good spirits...i know what you mean about giving yourself deadlines. i used to do it all the time until i realized it will only drive me crazier. i'm so happy you're doing well and have a great outlook on this cycle! thank you so much for your sweet comment yesterday! i'm keeping so busy it is hard to say at the moment how i feel but like you said, it is all in God's hands :)
    happy sunday to you! <3
    xoxoxo
    thinking of you as you approach your trying time!
    <3maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that post and I am kicking myself for not taking advantage! I am on my last 10 CBE digi's! I hope you get your results Monday- I say if they don't call by 1-2ish, call them. Blood work results should come back quickly. I know for my husband's SA they said 2-5 business days. Did the lab give you a time frame?

    ReplyDelete