Saturday, July 2, 2011

Hodge Podge

Happy 4th of July Weekend!  I'm so thankful to have a three day weekend!  Andy and I were supposed to go to his family reunion this weekend, but I got sick.  Andy left at 4:30am this morning to go golfing with the guys, then he's going to come home to take care of me.  I feel bad that we're not going to be spending the weekend with everyone, but I would be a liar if I said I wasn't enjoying my time at home so far!

Since I don't feel up to doing too much I decided that a hodge podge picture post would be a great idea!  Here is an excerpt from our week...

I got my hair cut! I've had the same stacked style since right after Andy and I got married in 2007. I love it! It looks really good as it grows out, until it suddenly doesn't. When it hits my shoulders my hair decides to start doing it's own thing. No matter how much I try to style it, it stops behaving. So it was definitely time for a summer cut! The salon I go to is a funky place. The guy who cuts my hair loves that I have a streak of gray hair, kind of like Rogue from X-men. Every time he cuts my hair he makes me promise him that if I ever dye my hair I will leave my streak alone!
Taking a picture of yourself in a mirror is tough!
My gray streak.
I never like it when it's first cut.  I'll like it in about a week when it grows out a little!

I also worked in the yard.

My roses were a bit out of control!

Andy met with a new client this week.  He looked hot dressed up!

I drank my mandatory morning hot chocolate every day this week.  Yumm.
Gotta have the whip cream on top!

I took an idea I found on Kerstin's Blog, The Real Housewives of Idaho and got arts and crafty!

I started with a picture frame, some fabric, ribbon, and stickers.

I glued the fabric to the cardboard backing.
I glued the ribbon around the edges.

I stuck the stickers on and put it in the frame.  Final product!  I'll wait for Andy to hang it.  The blessings are written in with dry erase marker, on top of the glass.  Every once in awhile I plan to erase and redo them.  The things I'm thankful for might change.  I'm hoping one day to add "Healthy pregnancy" and then eventually "Healthy children" to that list!
I will now leave you with the laser-eyed cat I woke up to this morning.  She was obviously starving to death and required immediate sustenance to survive!

2 comments:

  1. such a cute post!! i love your haircut! you have such pretty hair! i used to have that cut 3 summers ago and when i was younger. i definitely want to get it again sometime.
    i'm sorry you're feeling sick...hopefully you're feeling better.
    i love your picture. what a great idea to use dry erase markers!
    hoping and praying you get to add those 2 to your list very soon!
    happy 4th if i don't tty! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think the streak should stay--if might have special power! I love your blessings frame! So cute! I will keep praying your list changes too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete