Monday, August 1, 2011

Knowing Is Half The Battle?

I waited impatiently all day long for the nurse to call me with our lab results.  When I hadn't received a phone call by 5pm I assumed I would have to wait until tomorrow.  At about 5:40pm the nurse called me with the results. 

Andy essentially has super sperm, the nurse said his SA values were "beyond perfect".  My values were less so.  FSH: 10.8, estradiol: 56, prolactin: 6.4, and TSH: 1.3. The FSH and estradiol are both elevated which could indicate diminished ovarian reserve.  The nurse scheduled me for an ultrasound on Wednesday afternoon to see if there is potentially any ovarian cysts causing the elevated estradiol.  If not, then we probably have our reason for not having conceived (and stayed pregnant) yet.  Yikes.

So I guess in this case knowing is maybe 10% of the battle?  I'll definitely update again on Wednesday night once we know a little bit more.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Melissa! I hope you are able to get some answers and hope at your appt. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so incredibly sorry melissa. the unknown is sometimes the scariest and i'm praying that you get those answers on wednesday...and that they are the ones you want. i'm glad to hear andy has super sperm!!
    you know i am pulling for you and hoping that bfp is in your near future! <3
    lots of love, my new "wwf" friend :)
    maria <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for super sperm! I hope that your appointment goes well and that you leave with a renewed sense of direction and hope.

    ReplyDelete