Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Strays Welcome?

Good morning my friends!  It's 5am in Texas and I'm awake.  I don't know that I see this time of morning very often.  My alarm for work goes off at 6am, but usually I hit snooze until at least 6:20 or 6:30.  I'm that girl, a chronic snoozer.

So why am I up so early on this Wednesday morning?  I blame Andy.  Last night he convinced me to take a walk through our neighborhood.  I've been complaining about getting a little chubby around the middle, so he was a fantastic motivator to get me up and moving.  Except that less than halfway through our walk we found a stray dog.  Those that know us in real life know that we are a magnet for strays.  It's like we have a giant red X on our forehead, or the words "Strays Welcome Here".  It's well known that if I see an animal loose I automatically feel responsible for them.  In October we had a kitten follow us home while we were walking our dogs.  How does that happen?! 

Please forgive the grainy iphone photo.  This is the handsome, unneutered boy that followed us home.  Our dogs aren't the most friendly with new dogs, so we decided to keep him in the backyard over night until we can take him to the shelter.  He's skinny and unneutered so I doubt he has a home, our neighborhood is abandonment alley unfortunately.  Turns out the Bubba is a howler!  I'm sure our neighbors love us right now.  As for us, I don't think we even got four hours of sleep.  As Bubba was howling his little heart out I just started to laugh.  I know Andy got annoyed with me, but it was totally one of those laugh or cry situations.  Today I choose laughter.  But I do have to wonder why doing the right thing is usually so painful?  It's definitely going to be a fun day at work!

2 comments:

  1. What a lucky dog to run into you. I'm sorry you didn't get much sleep. Laughing always feels better than crying! Thanks for you sweet comment on my blog. I'm glad the post helped you. I have days when I need to read those quotes to put things into perspective again after a bad day. XOXO, Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  2. omygosh, what a cute little guy. aww my heart aches for stray animals. as you read in my last post, i feel stray everythings at the offices i clean. poor things.
    aww and andy are wonderful people for taking him in. i hope he finds a nice home.
    thank you for your sweet comment earlier.
    i'm feeling a bit better!
    i hope that your day isn't too sleepy and you can come home and relax with your hot chocolate and furbabies! <3

    ReplyDelete