Sunday, July 3, 2011

I'm Queen of the Universe!

My blog friend Maria at Every Day Is a Country Song gave me the Overlord Award!  It essentially entitles me to create three new universal rules.  They take effect immediately, no matter how unrealistic or silly they sound.  It's happening, my friends!


1.  Have you ever heard the song "If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away" by Justin Moore?  I heard it for the first time right before I left for Oregon to visit my Grandpa for the last time.  When my Grandpa passed away it was the song that instantly came to my mind and it continues to make me tear up a little every time I hear it.  So I now decree that Heaven is NOT so far away.  Every person has one day pass to Heaven per year which they can use if they choose to.  You are only allowed to see people who you were close to, no meeting Elvis!  We won't get to see Heaven as it really is and our loved ones won't be able to tell us anything about it.  But we can spend the day with them, hug them, and hold them.  When we leave we know that in a year we can see them again.

2.  There is now a pill that cures certain diseases.  Cancer, dementia, Alzheimer's, immune diseases etc are all now a thing of the past!  If you are diagnosed with one of these diseases you simply have to take a pill once every five years in order to not suffer any of their ill effects.  The pill is super cheap to make and totally accessible all over the world to all income brackets.  I totally realize that this opens up a lot of population issues, but this is my rule and in my world it doesn't matter!

3.  We are now able to see one glimpse six months into our future once a year, if we choose.  We can magically push our fast forward button to get a one minute silent image of our future.  This glimpse will be based on the current choices we are making.  Are we happy?  Do we like the job we just took?  Are we pregnant?  Do we have a child?  Do I need to quit eating Taco Bell because I'm going to gain 30 pounds?  All these questions can be answered by a simple push of our button!

Now I get to grant these magic powers to seven of my other blog friends!  I hereby bestow the power on you...

1. KJsbabe at Let It Be
2. Buckeyebaby at Faith, Hope & Love
3. LaraG at Motivation Is Overrated
4. Lindsey at Some Sorta Fairytale

Okay, now I feel lame!  I don't think I have seven blogger friends who haven't done this already!  If you haven't done this yet let me know and I'll add you to the list.  Thank you Maria for passing it on to me!  It was lots of fun.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful rules, Melissa!!
    You came up with some really great ones! I would love love love to be able to see into the future. I LOL about taco bell!! It would be amazing for us gals needing answers quicker than 2 weeks! And what sweet rules the others were. Really gets ya thinking!
    I hope you're feeling better and you have a happy 4th! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your rules! I would love to visit some of my ancestors in heaven and ask them some ?s. And a friend of mine said recently if we could see into the future it would help us get through what we are going through. I wish! Happy 4th of July!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome rules! I can't wait to come up with mine! We have been busy moving but I promise I will get to them soon!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow! I feel very honored! I loved you rules, by the way. I'll have to think of some good ones of my own.

    ReplyDelete