Friday, November 11, 2011

8w6d

I say I'm going to be better at updating then I miserably fail!  Oops.

Today I am 8w6d along with our twins!  So far we have had four amazing ultrasounds and have seen the heartbeats three of those times.  Our appointment on wednesday was the best one yet!  They're at the super adorable gummy bear stage.  Baby A danced a little for us, moving their arms and legs about.  Baby B seemed to be snoozing but wiggled a few times during the heartbeat count.  It was SO incredibly cool!  I can't even begin to describe the awe and amazement that fills me each time I see our little babies.  I am just so filled with joy that God chose to bless us doubly!

My RE prescribed me Zofran this week since "morning" sickness had taken hold.  It seems to work really well for a short time, but it wears off too quickly.  I'm a little obsessed with the weight I need to try to gain.  I'm a rather small girl to begin with, 5'3" and about 120lbs to start.  I need to gain a minimum of 20lbs by 20 weeks and 25lbs by 25 weeks since it cuts the risk of pre-term labor in half for those carrying twins.  Preterm labor and bedrest terrifies me, but they're both very real possibilities.  We're just hoping and praying that everything continues to go really well with these little ones!  I will do anything it takes to keep them growing and healthy for at least 36 weeks!

My birthday is just two days away!  This is the first year in awhile I'm actually excited for it.  My mom is taking me shopping for maternity clothes today.  I know I'm only almost 9w along but I think I'm starting to show a little already.  My friend who is 25w with twins said she has been consistently about three to six weeks ahead in belly size, so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!  All I know is that it got cold in Texas a few weeks earlier than usual and I realized that I have next to nothing warm that fits.  My mom is infamous for trying to spoil the crap out of me (and Andy), and she is beside herself with excitement over the twins.  So I have a feeling I'll be coming home tonight with tons and tons of new clothes.  I'm not going to complain!  I am thankful for all that she does for us.

I'm sorry to all my blog friends that I haven't been good about commenting.  I tend to read during the day on my iphone and for some reason commenting doesn't work well.  I do read and think about you all daily!

2 comments:

  1. so glad to see this post. i have been checking your page back and forth to see how you're doing :)
    yay for wiggly gummy bears! that's so awesome, melissa! especially that you got to see them three times already!!
    happy early birthday and have SO much fun shopping. omygosh, that sounds like a blast!!
    may i suggest taco bell, to help put on some weight?! LOL
    thinking of you always <3
    xoxox
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're doing so well! Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day full of shopping for cute maternity things.

    ReplyDelete